Reflections’ center for addiction and mental health
When a new client enters a drug or alcohol rehabilitation program, they undergo an intake assessment that involves a mental health evaluation and a medical history review. At our center for addiction and mental health, these services are core assets for our efforts.
While almost all rehab facilities are able to review a client’s medical history, not many are qualified or approved to provide clients with a physical health examination. Reflections Recovery Center, however, is.
As of October 2016, Reflections Recovery Center in Prescott, Arizona is approved to provide physical health services to all clients. What does this mean? It means our outpatient treatment center is now approved by the state of Arizona to provide medical and even nursing services to our clientele.
Reflections’ Center for Addiction and Health: Medical Services during Addiction Rehab
Reflections Recovery Center has a licensed naturopathic doctor on staff who also holds the position of Medical Director.
This means we can provide all new clients with a physical examination within their first five days of admission. The physical examination assesses:
- Current symptoms the client is currently experiencing
- Physical pain the client might be experiencing
- Nutritional state
- Ear, nose and throat health
- Musculoskeletal system
- Neurological system
- Blood pressure
- Medical history
- Family medical history
- Prescription medications a client currently takes
What Our Licensed Naturopathic Doctor Brings to the Table
These are many benefits of having a licensed physician on staff at Reflections:
- Our naturopathic doctor can prescribe a client medication if it is deemed medically necessary.
- If a client appears to need more specialized medical care, our doctor can make a professional referral to outside providers.
- If a client has physical limitations that prevent them from being able to participate in certain services provided by Reflections, the client will be referred to an agency that can provide the appropriate level of care.
- All medical concerns that are identified in the physical exam will be documented and addressed in the client’s treatment plan.
- While undergoing clinical treatment, if a client has a non-medical emergency, our clinical director or another professional can set up an appointment with our naturopathic doctor. The appointment will take place within five business days.
With licensed physical health services available, Reflections Recovery Center is able to offer drug and alcohol addiction treatment like no other. Our rehab program is ready to help you or your loved one put harmful substances away for good while healing physically, mentally and emotionally.